Sunday, September 19, 2010

First Week Reflection

Not knowing what to expect, I showed up pretty early at my first day of work. Like most jobs, myself and another new hire went through some introduction material and signed all the appropriate documents stating that we wouldn't harass anyone, take advantage of business materials, etc. The CYA documents as some people call them. :P

After the introduction phase they put me right to work with some small calculations for equipment sizing, tank overflows, and a lot of busy work that just helps get familiar with the business regarding their drawings and the way they do things. All of it was very informative at this point, and even though some of it was busy work more or less there was always something to gain from it.

I'm so fortunate to have found this job. I can't believe that it happened so fast! I'm just excited to have an 8-5 doing something that I think I will enjoy, and furthermore develop a successful career from.

Thanks so much to everyone who supported us during our little drought. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment