Tuesday, August 10, 2010

It's all who you know...

Yesterday in a meeting with API (American Petroleum Institute) I met a lot of high ranking workers in the oil field here in Bakersfield, CA. It was funny. The second that we stood up and explained ourselves, a select few of the meeting said to me, "I would like to talk to you after the meeting". At this point I'm thinking AWESOME!!! So we went through the meeting which was in short, a fundraiser for a scholarship involving college students. But at the end of it I had collected a number of business cards and a handful of promising connections that could lead me to my next job. I'm just so excited that everything happened so fast with the meeting.

I was thinking that work was going to be done with the events they had posted, and I would rub elbows with someone during the volunteering that might spark interest in some engineering position. But one of the main guys who was running the meeting for the "Fall Shoot" (Skeet competition) said something that really made me feel at ease towards the end of the night. He said, "Keep your phone on you. You'll get a call tomorrow... I have no doubt you will get a job in the month". Words like that coming from a business developer I'm sure don't come lightly. I'm just so excited with everything that has happened so far. Who knows what the next few weeks will hold for us! :)

3 comments:

  1. W-O-W!! Congrats Adam!!!!!! That's soo huge!! (Not that I'm too surprised- you're so easy to get along with!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATS, CONGRATS!!!!
    I'm so incredibly happy for you Adam. For both of you. That's amazing news. Just the simple fact of getting your name and face out there + getting the business cards is a HUGE step. I'm so excited for you. Keep us posted, of course. Everything is going to work out exactly how it's supposed to.

    Much love.

    ps-- thanks for all your camera info. I appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooooohhh, skeet skeet skeet skeet skeet. :P

    can't wait to hear some GOOD NEWS from you in the coming weeks. it's going to happen, i feel it.

    ReplyDelete